Ban Lue - 3 day / 2 night Artisan Village Experience
DAY 1 LUANG PRABANG to BAN LUE, Natural Dye Class
- Pick up from your guesthouse in Luang Prabang and transfer to station to take the public minivan to Nongkhiaw, however you will get off at the intersection in Ban Bom, Nambak, where you will be met by your host, and go to Ban Lue
- Introduction to Ban Leu, the Tai Leu village, and the program and lunch
- Afternoon Natural Dyes Workshop, learn about the cotton process and make your own natural dye, dye threads and a scarf.
- Early evening village walk followed by dinner
- Overnight accommodation in your own traditional Tai Leu house.
DAY 2 Weaving Class, BAN LUE to LUANG PRABANG
- Morning Cotton Weaving Class, learn how cotton is spun and then woven or Bamboo Weaving Class, learn traditional weaving techniques and make a small basket
- Lunch and afternoon free.
- Evening meal at homestay
DAY 3 Return to LUANG PRABANG
- Breakfast and you will be transferred to the bus station and back via local minivan/bus to Luang Prabang.
If you would like to combine this with Nongkhiaw just let us know and we can arrange transport there.
Duration: 3 days - departs Luang Prabang 8am, returns afternoon third day.
Price: US$135 1 person
US$120 per person based on 2 or more travelling together.
For families or larger groups please have us quote.
Where: Nambak District, near Nongkhiaw, approx. 3 hours from Luang Prabang
Includes: Accommodation, English-speaking host, 2 lunches, breakfast and dinner, drinking water, two workshops, bus tickets from Luang Prabang and return (or from Luang Prabang and on to Nongkhiaw).
Does not include: Items of a personal nature, tips.
Additional nights and longer workshops available for those who would like to create in this unique village environment.
Contact us for bookings and questions.