3 day / 2 night Luang Namtha Valley Artisan Experience
DAY 1 LUANG PRABANG to NATEUY (train) and LUANG NAMTHA (D)
- Pick up from your guesthouse in Luang Prabang and transfer to train station to take the hi-speed train to Natuey. Natuey is approximately one hour from Luang Namtha, where you will be met by guide and driver and visit a couple of villages on the way, Hmong and Lanten communities, before arriving at Ban PhiengNgam Weaving Centre located in a Tai Daeng village in the valley rice fields, your accommodation for two nights.
- Evening dinner is included.
DAY 2 LUANG NAMTHA (B,L,D)
- Morning Natural Dyes Workshop, learn how they make natural dyes from the ingredients, to preparing the threads, and dyeing. You can also try your hand at spinning and see how the women weave. Your guide is there to assist.
- Lunch at Ban PhiengNgam Weaving Centre
- Afternoon visiting several different ethnic communities in the valley to understand the diversity of people who have made this valley their home over.
- Evening visit the night market and have dinner in town, before returning the centre accommodation.
DAY 3 BAN PHIENGNGAM to NATUEY (train) to LUANG PRABANG
- Free half day. You can enjoy relaxing at the centre, maybe doing another workshop or enjoying working on your own project. Or your guide can assist in half-day trekking, or kayaking in nearby protected area.
- Afternoon transfer to Natuey and train back to Luang Prabang and transfer to your accommodation.
Duration: 3 days - departs Luang Prabang late morning, returns late afternoon third day
Price: US$695 1 person
US$440 per person based on 2 persons sharing a room.
US$380 per person based on 3 persons sharing a room, or in two rooms.
US$320 per person based on 4 persons sharing a room, or in two rooms.
Accommodation at Ban PhiengNgam Weaving Centre is a twin or triple share bungalow and a bungalow with 4 beds.
For larger groups please have us quote.
Where: Luang Namtha, northern Laos
Includes: Accommodation, English-speaking guide, private van, entrance fees for sightseeing, half-day workshop at Ban PhiengNgam Weaving centre, two breakfast, a lunch and a dinner, drinking water, return train tickets from Luang Prabang to Natuey and return transfers to/from Luang Prabang accommodation.
Does not include: Items of a personal nature, tips.
Train tickets can also be arranged to Oudomxai or Vientiane.
Or if you would like to travel onto Thailand or China beyond this point or explore the area further let us know and we can arrange the transport or suggest activities.
Contact us for bookings and questions.