Ban Lue - 2 day / 1 night Artisan Village Experience
DAY 1 LUANG PRABANG to BAN LUE, Natural Dye Class
- Pick up from your guesthouse in Luang Prabang and transfer to station to take the public minivan to Nongkhiaw, however you will get off at the intersection in Ban Bom, Nambak, you will have instructions in Lao to give to the driver.
- At the intersection to the village you will be met by your host, Mr Somdeth and go to Ban Lue
- Introduction to Ban Leu, the Tai Leu village, and the program and lunch
- Afternoon Natural Dyes Workshop, learn about the cotton process and make your own natural dye, dye threads and a scarf.
- Early evening village walk followed by dinner
- Overnight accommodation in your own traditional Tai Leu house.
DAY 2 Weaving Class, BAN LUE to LUANG PRABANG
- Morning Cotton Weaving Class, learn how cotton is spun and then woven or Bamboo Weaving Class, learn traditional weaving techniques and make a small basket
- Lunch and afternoon return to join bus to Luang Prabang or Nongkhiaw
Duration: 2 days - departs Luang Prabang 8am returns late afternoon on the following day.
Cost: US$120 per person based on minimum 1 person.
For families or larger groups please have us quote.
Where: Nambak District, near Nongkhiaw, approx. 3 hours from Luang Prabang
Includes: Accommodation, English-speaking host, 2 lunches, breakfast and dinner, drinking water, 2 workshops, cotton scarf for dyeing, bus tickets from Luang Prabang and return (or from Luang Prabang and on to Nongkhiaw).
Does not include: Items of a personal nature, tips.
Additional nights and longer workshops available for those who would like to create in this unique village environment.
Contact us for bookings and questions.
You can also experience the Natural Dyes Workshop as part of our Nongkhiaw tour package, and you can visit our other tour sites to find our more about the region www.nongkhiawadventure.com and www.bananaboatlaos.com.